21-153 Caseworker 1 (Forensic) Supportive Housing
The CARE Center, Inc. | Butler, PA | Full Time
The CARE Center, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Caseworker (Forensic) Supportive Housing
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,682 (plus an excellent benefits package!)
- Implements and monitors consumer rehabilitation plans and assists in the daily operation of program activities.
- Works with individuals to develop housing permanency and stabilization plans.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team, to assist in the following:
- improving social functioning, and expanding education and employment options with individuals who have past or current legal involvement;
- increasing access to housing options and positive social supports in their local communities;
- supporting skill development to increase self-reliance and independence.
- Acts as an advocate to assist with reducing barriers, including but not limited to: housing, income, education, employment, and cash and non-cash entitlement benefits.
- Maintains current client case record activity and progress, prepares and submits all required program forms, reports and documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains appropriate and regular communication with external programs and community resources.
- Provides "on-call" availability for both housing emergencies and technical assistance to residential staff.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work Psychology or related human services field from an accredited college or university;
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper recommendations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs and available social services.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Service and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of agency vehicles.
- Ability to pack personal effects and transport mentally and physically challenged consumers.
- Ability to inspect and recognize violations pertaining to program regulations.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-153.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER