21-149 MH Represenative
Mental Health Association in Butler County, Inc. | Butler, PA | Full Time
MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION IN BUTLER COUNTY, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: MH Representative (Rep) Payee-(Full-Time)
PAY GRADE: 8
WAGE: $23,400 (plus an excellent benefits package)
- The MH Rep Payee is responsible for the development and implementation of an effective means of assisting individuals who have difficulty managing their funds.
- Will play a vital role in serving the beneficiary (Payee) by deciding how to spend funds to help create a stable and safe living environment.
- Primarily responsible for carrying out day-to-day activities of the program and ensuring the basic needs of food, shelter, clothing and medical care of the beneficiary are met.
- Facilitates meetings with the consumer and works to establish a budgetary and accounting system suitable to consumer needs, developing and maintaining an awareness of the beneficiary’s day-to-day needs.
- Works to involve the beneficiary’s mental health provider staff, family member(s) or other involved agency staff to ensure the needs of the consumer are being met.
- Maintains separate, accurate and detailed records, files and notes on all assigned beneficiaries.
- Encourages the beneficiary to participate in their therapy and rehabilitation as well as working toward more independent living.
- Receives and reviews monthly bank statements as they arrive.
- Prepares reports for the Social Security Office, the County MH Office and other agencies, as directed.
- Can carry a caseload of Payee consumers, as determined by the agency.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent combination of experience and education as determined by the Agency.
- Familiarity with multiple computer applications.
- Experience and/or education in the field of Human Services highly desirable.
- Willingness to work with consumers, as well as internal and external provider staff in a positive manner.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with consumers, as well as staff from the County MH Office and other MH providers.
- Ability to transport oneself, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations;
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness in a timely manner.
- Empathetic attitude and ability to deal effectively with the stress of the position
- Ability to receive performance feedback and instructions calmly, without reacting negatively or emotionally.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-149.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER