21-147 Caseworker 2/ Investigator
SWPA Area Agency on Aging, Inc. | Charleroi, PA | Full Time
SOUTHWESTERN PA AREA AGENCY ON AGING, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Caseworker 2/Investigator (Full-Time)
Protective Services- Charleroi Office
PAY GRADE: 14
WAGE: $39,449 (plus excellent benefits package)
- Expeditiously, responds to reports of need and imminent risk and provides protective services designed to eliminate risk to incapacitated aging clients. Often, such cases are of an emergency nature.
- Often, under adverse conditions, performs face-to-face assessment interviews with client, family members, caregiver and, if necessary, contacts physicians, neighbors, and other providers to evaluate the client's situation and environment.
- Coordinates necessary care, placement, and other services as necessary.
- Submits findings/reports in an accurate and timely manner, and prepares testimony of same for presentation in a court of law when necessary.
- Develops a Client Service Plan to eliminate risk and expedites this Plan in the prescribed time frame, with all available community and legal resources.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of findings and actions to be submitted on case files, reports, documentation and correspondence as required.
- Serves on the rotation of on-call emergency response staff.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or related social services field, or a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field with two years' experience in human services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and one year of experience providing services to adults in a protective setting.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Ability to transport oneself, as necessary, in the performance of essential functions.
- Ability to observe and recognize violations and evidence of abusive situations.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds & assist with moving clients and/or client's personal effects.
- Ability to understand and follow supervisory direction and work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-147.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER