21-146 Compeer Coordinator
Mental Health Association in Butler County, Inc. | Butler, PA | Full Time
MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION IN BUTLER COUNTY, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Compeer Coordinator-Full-Time
PAY GRADE: 10
WAGE: $25,760(Plus an excellent benefit package!)
- To plan and administer a community-based, veteran to veteran all-volunteer support service and resource, connecting veteran adults in mental health recovery, in friendships with professionally training veteran volunteers, maximizing community participation and assisting veterans in recovery to recognize their full potential and services available at the V.A. medical center and in the local community.
- Implements the “Compeer/ Vet to Vet Connection Process and Consumer Referral Protocol” and the NREPP, SAMHSA’s National Registry of “Evidence-based Programs and Practices.”
- Recruits, matches and retains volunteers. Interviews, screens, evaluates, connects and supports matched friendships. Provides leadership and direction to Compeer volunteers.
- Advocate for referrals of consumers in psychiatric care. Conducts presentations that will encourage mental health professionals and consumers in recovery to consider Compeer as a part of their recovery journey.
- Provides ongoing contact with Compeer program participants through phone calls, monthly report forms, personal contact and social or e-mail networking.
- Develops outreach, using news articles, veteran events, phone calls, e-mails, vet’s clubs, legions, etc., to provide advocacy, awareness and involvement.
- Plans and assists with preparing Compeer events, MHA fund raising possibilities, Butler County human services, meetings and special programs with veteran’s groups other MH/ID/D&A organizations.
- Provides routine and effective performance data that will assure sustainable Compeer/ CompeerCORPS funding.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- A degree in Social Services or any equivalent combination of experience and education as determined by the Agency.
- Experience in the field of volunteerism or recruiting a plus.
- History of progressively responsible experience working with people with disabilities and/or limitations.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with the Veterans’ Administration related entities, Veterans’ groups, Courts, the County MH Office, internal staff and clients of the MHA in a positive manner.
- Must successfully obtain a Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, FBI Fingerprint Clearance and PA Child Abuse Clearance.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-146.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER