21-131 Activities Aide
Diversified Human Services - Developmental Services | Charleroi, PA | Part Time
DIVERSIFIED HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Activities Aide (Multiple-Part-Time Positions)
Riverside Horizons-Charleroi, PA
PAY GRADE: 4
WAGE: $10.64/hr. (opportunities for advancement within the Agency)
Implements both facility and community based therapeutic care, training and habilitation of adults with Intellectual Disabilities who attend Riverside Horizons.
- Responsible for providing transportation, supervision, and care of 1-6 individuals in integrated community setting.
- Works as part of a team, while facility-based, to provide care and pursue desired activities for individuals present at the facility.
- Supports in developing skills and competencies needed to pursue competitive integrated employment.
- Assist in the development of fine motor skills.
- Participates in community opportunities related to the development of hobbies or leisure/cultural interests or to promote personal health and wellness.
- Assist with teaching clients to navigate the local community, including learning to use public and/or
private transportation and other transportation options available in local areas.
- Develop and/or maintain social networks and reciprocal relationships with members of the community.
- Assist participants, caregivers and providers with identifying and utilizing supports not funded through
- the program.
- Assists in developing and updating active goal plans based on ongoing assessments, evaluations,
- observations and interviews.
- Completes service notes and all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, as well as agency policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to transport oneself daily to the facility in an insured vehicle.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday-9:00AM to 3:00PM.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Subject to pre-employment and random or targeted drug testing.
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License and safe driving record.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Ability to lift or assist in lifting individuals, as may be required.
- Ability to move and/or lift program equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow written and verbal instructions, as well as supervisory direction.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-131.