21-085 Licensed Practical Nurse
The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Part Time
THE CARE CENTER, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse (Part-time with ACA-Benefits)
Center of Excellence
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $16.93/hr. (Opportunities for advancement with the agency)
- Conducts assessment and diagnostic services of assigned clients to develop a comprehensive Service Plan for substance abuse treatment and services.
- Completes client assessments, monitors coordination of care and the progress of client.
- Assists in the coordination of client flow, identification, referral contacts and follow-up.
- Completes documentation in accordance with regulatory standards, program policy and/or state project requirements.
- Available for On-call and after hour services.
- Collaborates with established community programs and agencies as client advocate with the social services network; to include the court system.
- Offers guidance on the recovery experience to include stage appropriate recovery education.
- Assists clients in meeting their recovery goals by utilizing the phases of recovery: engagement, recovery initiation, recovery stabilization and sustained recovery maintenance.
- Educates consumers, family members and professional staff about the recovery process; the damaging role that stigma can play in understanding recovery and offer support related to obstacles that are often encountered during the early stages of recovery.
- Will provide individualized person centered services/support to assigned clients.
- Provides vision driven hope and encouragement regarding opportunities for varying levels of involvement in community based activities (i.e. work, school, relationships, and physician activities).
- Assess individuals for medical needs.
- Assists clients to become established with primary care.
- Educate individuals on Medical Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Provide support with MAT.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, as well as agency policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an approved Practical Nurse Program;
- Current and valid LPN licensure to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania;
- ANA certification in Psychiatric or Community Health nursing or eligibility for same.
- Self identifies personal experience with addiction recovery or co-occurring services.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearances from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Ability to transport oneself and/or clients in an insured vehicle, as program or client needs dictate.
- Ability to observe client's behavior and keep accurate and detailed charts and records.
- Demonstrated ability to handle clients with acute or chronic mental health condition.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness, and provide constructive feedback and direction to staff.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-085.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER