21-083 Licensed Practical Nurse
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc. - Behavioral Health | Latrobe, PA | Part Time
SOUTHWEST BEHAVIORAL CARE, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
Latrobe and New Kensington-Mental Health Outpatient and Drug & Alcohol Programs
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $16.76/hr. (Part-Time with the opportunity for advancement to Full-Time)
PASSION FOR HELPING OTHERS? WE ACTUALLY CHANGE PEOPLE’S LIVES! JOIN OUR TEAM!
*MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY AND DAYLIGHT HOURS*
- Provides medication management, intakes individual sessions, medication inventory, and other nursing duties.
- Provides physician-directed counseling to clients and educates families to develop effective follow-up services.
- Provides professional nursing and/or psychotherapy community treatment team services.
- Maintains close contact with program supervisor and medical doctor, reporting any reactions to medications any changes in physical/emotional condition and reporting observations.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of clinical and statistical records; completes re-certifications and medical information forms, and maintains records of medications.
- Monitors patient progress on an ongoing basis and completes and submits reports and recommendations of monitoring.
- Maintains contact and serves as a patient advocate with appropriate medical professionals, as required by the patient’s needs and treatment.
- Performs other related duties as may be necessary or required to ensure patient safety, quality treatment, and successful operation of the program.
- Assumes a lead role in responding to emergency situations, when necessary.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited and approved Practical Nursing Program.
- Current and valid LPN licensure to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- ANA certification in Psychiatric or Community Health nursing or eligibility for same.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to transport oneself and/or clients in an insured vehicle, as program or client needs dictate.
- Ability to observe client's behavior and keep accurate and detailed charts and records.
- Demonstrated ability to handle clients with acute or chronic mental health conditions.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-083.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER