21-058 Caseworker 1
The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Full Time
The CARE Center, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Caseworker 1 (Full-Time)
Crisis Stabilization/Crisis Intervention -Washington Office
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,682 (Plus an excellent benefits package!)
- To provide crisis intervention services to behavioral health consumers and their families.
- Responds to crisis situations via telephone crisis services, walk-in crisis services, mobile outreach and crisis stabilization.
- Maintains accurate and detailed crisis intervention records of individuals experiencing a behavioral health crisis.
- Must complete biopsychosocial assessments of assigned clients to develop a comprehensive Service Plan.
- Advises supervisory/clinical staff of significant changes in consumer behavioral issues and/or incidents.
- Provides supportive counseling to consumers and their families in crisis and makes referrals to the appropriate social and medical service programs to include the various levels of crisis intervention services, i.e. telephone crisis, walk-in crisis, mobile outreach and crisis stabilization.
- Prepares and submits all required correspondence, records, reports and documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Promotes community awareness of program activities.
- Provides direct services including interviewing clients, facilitating client groups, and on call for crisis services.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated knowledge of governmental program regulations and policies, and other social service providers available to eligible clients.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must be available to work various shifts.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to inspect and recognize violations pertaining to program regulations.
- Ability to occasionally lift medical supplies and client’s personal effects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to handle clients with chronic mental health disorders.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-058.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER