21-053 Counselor 1
The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Full Time and Temporary
The CARE Center, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Counselor 1 (Temporary Full-time)
Assertive Community Treatment Program (ACT)
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $33,014 (Eligible for paid time off and other opportunities within the agency)
- Provides outpatient psychotherapy and follow-up services to the adult client population.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment/service plans for ACT consumers using various therapeutic methodologies, maintaining a direct service level of 75% minimum time.
- Participates in Case Conferences with all levels of psychiatric and clinical staff, individually and in group supervision staffings.
- Serves as a member of Assertive Community Treatment Team as well as the after hours on call rotation.
- Initiates appropriate Intra & Interagency contact to facilitate consumer care.
- Prepares, maintains and submits all assigned case records, charts, reports, forms and other required documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related social services field with progressive experience in human services, is desirable.
- Ability to carry out rehabilitation and support functions.
- Experience working with adults with serious mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during a personal interview to make proper recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers, and other social service agencies.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to inspect and identify violations pertaining to program regulations.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to handle clients with a wide range of psychiatric conditions.
- Ability to receive performance feedback and instructions calmly, without reacting negatively or emotionally.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-053.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER