21-046 Licensed Social Worker/Counselor
The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Full Time
SPHS CARE CENTER, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Counselor (Full-Time)
Center of Excellence Washington, PA
PAY GRADE: 14
WAGE: $39,449 Plus an excellent benefits package!
- Adheres to the compliance of COE guidelines and corporate standards.
- Conducts assessment and diagnostic services of assigned clients to develop a comprehensive Service Plan for substance abuse treatment and services.
- Completes client assessments and monitors coordination of care and progress of client.
- Assists in the coordination of client flow, identification, referral contacts and follow-up.
- Completes documentation in accordance with regulatory standards, program policy and/or state project requirements.
- Available for On-call and after hour services.
- Collaborates with established community programs and agencies as client advocate with the social services network; to include the court system.
- Offers guidance on the recovery experience, to include stage appropriate recovery education.
- Assists clients in meeting their recovery goals by utilizing the phases of recovery: engagement, recovery initiation, recovery stabilization and sustained recovery maintenance.
- Educates consumers, family members and professional staff about the recovery process, the damaging role that stigma can play in understanding recovery and offer support related to obstacles that are often encountered during the early stages of recovery.
- Will provide individualized person centered services/support to assigned clients.
- Provides vision driven hope and encouragement regarding opportunities for varying levels of involvement in community based activities (i.e. work, school, relationships, and physician activities).
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
- LSW required.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during a personal interview to make proper recommendations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs and available social services.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers, and other social service agencies;
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Self identifies personal experience with addiction recovery or co-occurring services.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders;
- Ability to detect and identify violations pertaining to program regulations;
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-046.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER