21-032 Community Engagement Specialist
The CARE Center, Inc. | Butler, PA | Full Time
THE CARE CENTER, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Community Engagement Specialist
Butler Intensive Homeless Case Management
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32, 682 plus an excellent benefit package!
- Assists referred individuals with the implementation of Consumer’s Strengths Assessment Scale and Service Plan, and continually updates CSAS
- Utilizes evidenced-based models and practices to engage residents to participate in needed services and community activities, including finding and linkage to affordable housing options.
- Develops and maintains community resources listing of agencies providing information/referral, training, or instruction, in a wide variety of social services.
- Conducts follow-up and coordination with other social agencies and community resources to ensure appropriate service delivery to clients.
- Assists consumers with developing and following through with their individualized Service Plan.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of assigned caseload, observes progress or significant changes in behavior, and reports issues and/or incidents to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Provides service advocacy to consumers, links them to community-based services and resources, and assists them with coordinating scheduled appointments.
- Engages and/or coordinates the provision of various assistance and training programs for consumers.
- Demonstrates understanding of recovery-based procedures; participates as a team member in program participant’s recovery plans and maintains appropriate communication with external programs and community resources.
- Able to utilize HUD Housing Quality Standards check list as a tool to teach participants home maintenance.
- Assists, coordinates, and transports participants to a variety of appointments required to maintain housing and quality of life.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations, codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field from an accredited college or university; one-year case management experience preferred; an equivalent combination of skills, experience and education may be considered, at the discretion of the Agency;
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper service recommendations;
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health programs and available social services.
- Ability to meet the 75% direct service productivity as established by the agency.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
- Ability to transport oneself as program needs dictate.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness;
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-032.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER