21-031 Supervisor/Program Specialist
Diversified Human Services - Developmental Services | Charleroi, PA | Full Time
DIVERSIFIED HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Supervisor/Program Specialist
Developmental Services Residential/Home & Community
PAY GRADE: 15
WAGE: $44,109 plus an excellent benefits package!
- Coordinates and monitors the residential and community-based services for intellectually disabled adults, recommending procedures and guidelines for successful program operation, and supervises assigned staff. Serves as Program Specialist for 1-30 intellectually disabled adults.
- Implements short- and long-term program goals ensuring compliance to all government rules, regulations, and agency policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual budget, monitors monthly expenditures, and identifies new funding sources.
- Provides in-service training for staff through individual conferences or staff meetings, monitoring performance to ensure the delivery of quality program-related services.
- Responsible for interviewing, training, scheduling and evaluating all program staff
- Report and respond to all incidents and issues in an appropriate and timely manner and report findings to Director.
- Maintains an open line of communication with Director, other administrative and developmental services staff regarding consumer care.
- Prepares and submits all required correspondence, records, reports and documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinates program outreach and public relations activities, provides community education and technical assistance for community groups and social service providers.
- Coordinates the completion and distribution of consumers’ annual assessments.
- Participates in the individual plan process, development, team reviews and implementation.
- Provides and supervises activities for the individuals in accordance with individual plans.
- Supports integration of individuals in the community and communication and involvement with family and friends.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university and one year of work experience working directly with individuals with an intellectual disability or autism, or a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and one year of work experience working directly with individuals with an intellectual disability or autism, or an associate’s degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university and four years of work experience working directly with individuals with an intellectual disability or autism.
- Basic proficiency or better in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of governmental program regulations and policies, and other social service providers available to eligible clients.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during a personal interview to make proper recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers, and other social service agencies.
- Must not be excluded in participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal Clearance from the PA State Police, FBI Fingerprint Clearance, and Child Abuse Clearance.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to inspect and identify violations pertaining to program regulations.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-031. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER