21-028 Assessment Caseworker
SWPA Area Agency on Aging, Inc. | Waynesburg, PA | Full Time
SOUTHWESTERN PA AREA AGENCY ON AGING, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: ASSESSMENT CASEWORKER (Full-Time)
OPTIONS Assessment Unit
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,682 (plus an excellent benefits package!)
- Performs Functional Eligibility Determinations to determine clinical eligibility for Medical Assistance long term services and supports.
- Conducts Functional Eligibility Determinations with consumers and families and assists in determining level of care and eligibility, to make timely referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Participates in case conferences with all levels of program staff and provides testimony at level of care appeal hearings.
- Prepares and submits all required program forms, documentation and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists consumers with necessary correspondence and contacts to ensure the protection of client's rights and benefits.
- Completes case assignments in the time frame determined by the Office of Long Term Living.
- Links consumers to community based services and resources.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social work or related social services field from an accredited college or university, and two years of psychosocial assessment experience.
- Must be willing to become a certified assessor as required by the Aging Well.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during a Functional Eligibility Determination.
- Demonstrates ability to probe and accurately document responses given by the consumer or their representative
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs and available social services preferable.
- Ability to interpret detailed medical records and documentation obtained from health care providers.
- Ability to transport oneself, as necessary, in the performance of essential functions.
- Ability to complete all assigned FEDS within established time frames;
- Ability to understand and follow supervisory direction and work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-028.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER