21-014 Compassionate Care Specialist
Diversified Human Services - Aging Services | Monongahela, PA | Part Time
DIVERSIFIED HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: Compassionate Care Specialist (Part-Time-Multiple Positions Available)
PAY GRADE: 4
WAGE: $10.64/hr. (as a minimum)
*Daylight, Evening, and Weekend Shifts Available*
DHS, a part of the SPHS network, has been providing decades of care for those in need. Our team is fully dedicated to providing personal care and home support services to some of the most vulnerable members of our community. Our team is made up of compassionate, dedicated professionals whose main goal is helping every person reach their full potential. Comprehensive training and supervisory support is provided.
Our mission is to provide superior and compassionate homecare for everyone receiving our services. If you would like to help improve someone’s life, come and join the SPHS family!
- Performs personal care and home support related tasks to benefit the eligible consumer in their home.
- Provides a range of in-home care to consumers to maintain safety, health and personal hygiene.
- Completes tasks that render a safer, comfortable environment to include light housekeeping and homemaker services, as directed by Care Plan.
- Reports any unsafe or unusual circumstances or changes observed in consumer’s health or physical condition to immediate supervisor as soon as possible.
- Completes all required program documentation and work records and submits necessary progress and incident reports in a timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate and follow directions
- Must demonstrate knowledge of personal care techniques and home management experience.
- Ability to transport oneself daily to the consumer in an insured vehicle.
- Ability to assist physically limited consumers weighing up to 150 pounds.
- Ability to move about the consumer’s home to operate necessary household appliances.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to work independently following specific instructions.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-014.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER