21-010 Senior Care Specialist
Diversified Human Services - Aging Services | Charleroi, PA | Part Time
DIVERSIFIED HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Senior Care Specialist (ON-CALL)
PAY GRADE: 6
WAGE: $11.16/hr. (as a minimum) for personal assistance services
The Senior Care Specialist handles all incoming and outgoing scheduling phone calls for the agency when they office is closed. Candidates must be available after-hours on weekday evenings, weekends, and holidays that fall during the regular schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: ON-CALL
- Directs the coordination of staff to ensure the provision of all recommended and required services are met and delivered most specifically for nights, weekends, and holidays, and in addition to occasional basis during office hours (8:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- Must be able to be on call for at least two weekends a month.
- Coordinates the implementation and ongoing scheduling of the In-Home Services Program, and ensures that all service authorizations are followed appropriately and that that meet the type, scope, amount, duration, and frequency.
- Assists in verifications of shifts and missed services.
- Assists Compassionate Care Specialist with EVV/Telephony, on an as need basis.
- Timely preparation and submission of all required program reports, records and documentation, in accordance with regulatory standards and program policy.
- Provide support to consumers and Compassionate Care Specialists via telephone and/or in person, when necessary.
- Efficiently and accurately transcribe interactions on calls. All documentation must be completed and entered into program software before the end of the shift, including schedule changes, records any call-off, and staffs coverage for call-offs.
- Maintain familiarity with internal systems available and necessary in the performance of the job.
- Provides direct service to prevent missed shifts.
- Assist Quality Field Manager with complaints, grievances, and/or critical incidents on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Reports any unsafe or unusual circumstances or changes observed in consumer's health or physical condition to immediate supervisor, as soon as possible.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal care techniques & home management experience. Previous experience in home care CNA, MA, or LPN is preferred.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Demonstrated ability to make incisive observations and obtain vital information during the client/family interview and/or while reviewing case records to make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle in the performance of essential functions.
- Ability to assist physically limited consumers weighing up to 150 lbs.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#21-010.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER