20-184 Recovery Specialist
The CARE Center, Inc. | Butler, PA | Full Time
THE CARE CENTER, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Recovery Specialist (Full-Time) Butler, PA
PAY GRADE: 10
WAGE: $25,448 (plus and excellent benefits package)
- Will provide person centered services to persons receiving substance treatment and/or case management services to help them gain control over their recovery and community integration.
- Works with clients, and their families, involved in substance treatment and/or case management services, to develop and implement their Individual Recovery/Service Plans.
- Offers guidance on the recovery experience, to include stage appropriate recovery education.
- Assists clients in meeting their recovery goals by utilizing the phases of recovery: engagement, recovery initiation, recovery stabilization and sustained recovery maintenance.
- Educates consumers, family members and professional staff about the recovery process; the damaging role that stigma can play in understanding recovery; and offers support related to obstacles that are often encountered during the early stages of recovery.
- Will provide individualized person centered services/support to assigned clients.
- Provides vision driven hope and encouragement regarding opportunities for varying levels of involvement in community based activities (i.e. work, school, relationships, physician activities and self-directed hobbies.)
- Facilitates access to various community resources to ensure basic needs are met.
- Introduces and engages clients into the recovery community and monitors their recovery stability.
- Provides on-going assistance for individuals in obtaining and/or maintaining services from multiple systems (e.g. mental health, CYS, criminal justice, etc.) and offers referrals to treatment services when necessary.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Self-identifies personal experience with Addiction Recovery or co-occurring services.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in peer support and recovery principles, values and practice through participation in county approved certified peer specialist orientation/training/professional development programs.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must complete and pass the Certified Recovery Specialist Training and Certification Program in accordance with BDAP and PA Certification Board guidelines.
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s License and ability to transport clients as program needs dictate.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
- Ability to understand, follow supervisory direction and communicate with effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-184.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER