20-179 Care Manager 1 - Options
SWPA Area Agency on Aging, Inc. | Uniontown, PA | Full Time
SOUTHWESTERN PA AREA AGENCY ON AGING, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Care Manager 1 (Full-Time)
OPTIONS Care Management
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,273 (plus an excellent benefit package)
- Provides care management services to consumers requiring home and community-based services, enabling them to remain in their home.
- Develops and maintains an In-Home Care Plan required for consumer, and oversees cost of care provided to consumer.
- Conducts comprehensive psychosocial reassessments as necessary to determine the continued medical and social support required for in-home care.
- Coordinates needed in-home meals, personal care, and home support services with health care and other providers.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the In-Home Care Plan implementation through follow-up visits at prescribed intervals.
- Provides technical assistance and counseling to consumers and families ensuring service delivery and social and emotional support.
- Prepares and submits all required case forms, reports, billings, documentation and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in case conferences with all levels of program staff.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university;
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs and health/social services available to the consumers;
- Demonstrated ability to make incisive observations, obtain vital information and make appropriate recommendations during consumer/family interviews and/or while reviewing case records.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services, and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to transport oneself, as necessary, in the performance of essential functions.
- Ability to interpret detailed medical records and documentation obtained from health care providers.
- Demonstrated ability to handle consumers with chronic mental health conditions.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-179.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMLOYER