20-164 Counselor 2
Connect, Inc. | Greensburg, PA | Part Time
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Counselor 2 (Part-Time with ACA Benefits)
PAY GRADE: 14
WAGE: $19.98/hr. (with ACA Benefits and opportunity for advancement)
- Provides outpatient psychotherapy and follow-up services to the clients with mental illness and substance abuse.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment plans using individual, marital, group and family methodologies, maintaining a direct service level of 60% minimum time.
- Participates in Case Conferences with all levels of psychiatric and clinical staff, individually and in group supervision staffings.
- Serves as a member of an Interdisciplinary Treatment Team.
- Initiates appropriate Intra and Inter Agency contact to facilitate client care.
- Prepares, maintains and submits all assigned case records, charts, reports, forms and other required documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related social services field with a clinical practicum; in accordance with Department of Human Services (DHS) or Department of Drug & Alcohol Program (DDAP) regulations.
- Experience requirement in working with the homeless population with an understanding and knowledge of the Housing First approach.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to obtain the designated managed care credential of Mental Health Professional and any subsequent state licensure available.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information using the siip evaluation tool, during a personal interview to make proper recommendations.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to understand and follow supervisory direction.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-164.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER