20-139 Intake Worker
The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Part Time
THE CARE CENTER, INC.
Job Vacancy Notice
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Intake Worker (PART-TIME)
Washington Mental Health Outpatient and Drug & Alcohol
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $16.31/hr. (opportunity for advancement within the agency)
*FLEXIBLE HOURS TO INCLUDE SOME EVENINGS AND DAYTIME HOURS*
- Provides Assessment and casework services.
- Conducts intakes and drug screenings.
- Conducts assessment and diagnostic services of assigned clients to develop a comprehensive Service Plan for substance abuse treatment.
- Provides clinical intervention, individual and group therapy over the prescribed time period.
- Assists in the coordination of client flow, identification, referral contacts and follow-up.
- Participates in all appropriate clinical staff meetings and maintains beneficial clinical dialogue with all members of treatment team, as necessary, regarding assigned clients.
- Collaborates with established community programs and agencies as client advocate within the social services network to include the court system.
- Maintains current client case record activity and progress; prepares and submits all required program reports and documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in case conferences with all levels of program staff.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related human services field from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to obtain the Certified Addiction Counselor credential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs and available social services.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to interpret detailed medical records and documentation obtained from health care providers.
- Ability to understand and follow supervisory direction.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-139.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER