20-135 Secretary 2
SWPA Area Agency on Aging, Inc. | Washington, PA | Part Time
SWPA AREA AGENCY ON AGING, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Secretary 2 (Part-Time) *FLEXIBLE HOURS*
PAY GRADE: 6
WAGE: $11.02 (as a minimum)
- Develops and implements procedures for expediting and managing the flow of technical work through the office, routinely using specialized professional terminology and administrative procedures.
- Serves as sole office staff person for field office, or the lead office staff person providing primary operations support for multiple components of an agency, or a corporate-wide office fee-for-service program(s).
- Creates and edits those documents which are necessary for successfully completing assignments primarily responsible for the overall accuracy of the document and initiation of related processes and procedures.
- Serves as a program/agency liaison responsible for explanation of program/agency services and what is required to render services, and direct the individual or group to the appropriate resource(s), internal or external.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience or the equivalent combination of experience and training, as determined by the agency, or three years’ experience as a Secretary 1;
- Knowledge of general office procedures, including interpersonal skills and telephone interaction;
- Demonstrated proficiency on a typewriter and/or computer keyboard, at a minimum speed of 55 words per minute with no more than 3 errors.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police.
- Demonstrated ability and skill using Excel, computer software and word processing equipment.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness and carry out specific instructions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time during the work day.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and multiline telephone simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-135.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER