20-131 Director of Billing
Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc. | Charleroi, PA | Full Time
SOUTHWESTERN PA HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Director of Billing (Full-Time)
Office of Corporate Finance
PAY GRADE: 17
WAGE: $62,517 (as a minimum)
- Develops and directs system-wide billing and collections management systems, objectives and assigned staff. Responsible for the quality of service, as well as development and implementation related program management processes. Oversees and directs the assigned billing, payment and collections processes ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance.
- Ensures the efficient and effective operation and completion of the assigned accounts receivable and billing duties in various departments, as assigned.
- Responsible for the training, scheduling, supervision and evaluation of assigned staff.
- Ensures the effective operation of the assigned billing information systems.
- Ensures the accurate and timely preparation and submission of billing and financial reports.
- Ensures agency compliance to all published regulations pertaining to billing and collections operations.
- Provides technical assistance and policy/regulation interpretation to supervisors and staff and monitors their effectiveness.
- Assists in the development and implementation of data processing requirements and procedures to be used by billing staff.
- Establishes system-wide goals and objectives, accounts receivable, billing and collections performance standards and evaluates program effectiveness.
- Serves as the representative with the senior management, funding sources, other service providers, etc., attending meetings on the agency’s behalf to promote the effectiveness of billings and collections.
- Implements procedures for expediting the timely and accurate flow of patient billing, payment, collections and reimbursement processes.
- Collaborates with finance, billing and program staff to assure an effective system of revenue cycle management is deployed in the system.
- Coordinates all monthly patient billing and 3rd party billing processes and maintains accurate files.
- Ensures the posting of payments to patient accounts interacts with the Office for Corporate Finance and electronic health record systems as applicable.
- Attends trainings, staff meetings and provides technical assistance in relevant billing and collections areas.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration and five years billing and/or collections experience preferred; or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with a minimum of eight years directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by the Agency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of billing principles and ability to apply special rules and regulations regarding billing practices.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, clients, vendors, and funding sources.
- Ability to examine and verify financial and billing forms, documents and reports.
- Demonstrated ability and skill using a computer with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services, and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#.20-131.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER