20-125 Counselor 2
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc. - Behavioral Health | Latrobe, PA | Part Time and Contract
SOUTHWEST BEHAVIORAL CARE, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Counselor 2 – (Part-Time Contract)
Mental Health Outpatient and Drug & Alcohol Program
Latrobe, PA Location
**Seeking Candidates with LSW, LCSW, or LPC**
PAY GRADE: 14
WAGE: $27/hr. (with opportunities for advancement within the agency)
- Provides clinical assessments as well as outpatient psychotherapy including, but not limited to individual, family, and group sessions.
- Conducts assessment and diagnostic services to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and related treatment recommendations.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment plans using individual, marital, group and family methodologies.
- Participates in treatment team meetings with all levels of psychiatric and clinical staff, both individually and in group supervision.
- Initiates appropriate Intra and Inter Agency contact to facilitate the care of the individuals that are served.
- Prepares, maintains and submits all assigned case records, charts, reports, forms and other required documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related social services field with a clinical practicum; in accordance with Department of Human Services (DHS) or Department of Drug & Alcohol Program (DDAP) regulations.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to obtain the Certified Addiction Counselor credential after three years of employment.
- Must be able to work at least one (1) evening per week until 8:00PM.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper recommendations.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-125.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER