20-123 Teacher/Group Leader
Diversified Human Services - Child Care Services | Monessen, PA | Full Time
DIVERSIFIED HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Teacher/Group Leader
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,273 plus an excellent benefits package!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: ON-CALL
- Develops and implements a quality program for the child care center, plans and coordinates curriculum and lesson plans for enrollees
- Plans daily activities for enrollees with specific duties for program staff assigned to group, ensures compliance with licensing requirements and agency procedures.
- Maintains regular communication with program Director, appropriate staff and parents to ensure safe and quality care for children in assigned group.
- Establishes an active parents committee.
- Maintains a safe, healthy, developmentally appropriate environment.
- Maintains all appropriate program information to include enrollment, individual child’s records and food purchases and usage.
- Conducts assessments on all Pre K children three times per school year.
- Collects fees from parents/guardians, submitting payment to appropriate staff.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to staff: child ratios.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Certified;
- Must obtain Instructional II certificate within six years from initial hire date;
- Successful completion of required employment physical.
- Ability to read, understand and implement job descriptions, DHS Regulations, SPHS Child Learning Center announcements, philosophies, policies and procedures, and STARS and Pre K Counts requirements.
- Must successfully obtain FBI Clearance, Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare and National Sex Offender Registry Verification;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, program staff and other agency personnel.
- Ability to interact with children by walking, running, bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, and jumping indoors, outdoors, and on field trips.
- Clarity of vision at varying distances.
- Ability to arrange and move classroom furniture and equipment.
- Ability to tolerate noise.
- Ability to effectively use deescalating techniques and assist with effective child management as necessary.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-123.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER