20-121 Community Engagement Specialist
Connect, Inc. | Washington, PA | Full Time
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Community Engagement Specialist
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,273 plus an excellent benefit package
- To provide case management to assigned consumers.
- Utilizes evidenced based models and practices to engage residents to participate in needed services and community activities.
- Provides Case Management and Intensive Life Skills to individuals and client groups.
- Develops and maintains community resources listing of agencies providing information/referral, training or instruction in a wide variety of social services.
- Conducts follow-up and coordination, with other social agencies and community resources to ensure appropriate service delivery to clients.
- Assists consumers with developing and following through with their individualized recovery service plan.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of assigned caseload, observes progress or significant changes in behavior, and reports issues and/or incidents to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Provides service advocacy to consumers, links them to community-based services and resources, and assists them with coordinating scheduled appointments.
- Develops and/or coordinates the provision of various human service programs for consumers.
- Demonstrates understanding of recovery-based procedures; participates as a team member in program participant’s recovery plans and maintains appropriate communication with external programs and community resources.
- Able to utilize HUD Housing Quality Standards check list as a tool to teach participants home maintenance.
- Conducts regular home visits to ensure quality of home environment.
- Transports participants to a variety of appointments required to maintain housing and quality of life.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field from an accredited college or university; one year case management experience preferred; an equivalent combination of skills, experience and education may be considered, at the discretion of the Agency;
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper service recommendations;
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health programs and available social services.
- Ability to meet the 75% direct service productivity as established by the agency.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
- Ability to transport oneself as program needs dictate.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness;
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-121.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER