20-118 Peer Specialist
The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Full Time
The CARE Center, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Peer Specialist (Full-Time)
Assertive Community Treatment Program
PAY GRADE: 10
WAGE: $25,448 plus an excellent benefits package
- Will provide person centered services to persons with serious mental illness, to help them gain control over their recovery and community integration.
- Works with CPSP consumers and their families to develop and implement their Individual Recovery/Service Plans.
- Assists consumers in developing and implementing their recovery goals by utilizing the phases of recovery: engagement, recovery initiation, recovery stabilization and sustained recovery maintenance.
- Educates consumers, family members and professional staff about the recovery process the damaging role that stigma can play in understanding recovery.
- Will provide individualized person centered services/support to assigned consumers.
- Provides vision driven hope and encouragement regarding opportunities for varying levels of involvement in community based activities (i.e. work, school, relationships, physical activities, and self directed hobbies.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Self-identifies personal experience with Serious Mental Illness and mental health or co-occurring services.
- Has a high school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in peer support and recovery principles, values and practice through participation in county approved certified peer specialist orientation/training/professional development programs (must complete and pass a peer specialist training program, which is offered in accordance with guidelines defined by the DPW)
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Has maintained, within the last three (3) years, at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience or one year post secondary education experience totaling 24 credit hours.
- Ability to transport oneself as program needs dictate.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
- Ability to understand and follow supervisory direction.
- Ability to work independently following established polices and procedures, including emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-118.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER