The CARE Center, Inc. | Waynesburg, PA | Full Time
The CARE Center, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
Substance Abuse Services
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,273 plus an excellent benefit package
- Conducts assessment and diagnostic services of assigned clients to develop a comprehensive Service Plan for substance abuse treatment and services.
- Completes client assessments, monitors coordination of care and the progress of client.
- Assists in the coordination of client flow, identification, referral contacts and follow-up.
- Completes documentation in accordance with regulatory standards, program policy and/or state project requirements.
- Available for On-call and after hour services.
- Collaborates with established community programs and agencies as client advocate with the social services network; to include the court system.
- Offers guidance on the recovery experience to include stage appropriate recovery education.
- Assists clients in meeting their recovery goals by utilizing the phases of recovery: engagement, recovery initiation, recovery stabilization and sustained recovery maintenance.
- Educates consumers, family members and professional staff about the recovery process; the damaging role that stigma can play in understanding recovery and offer support related to obstacles that are often encountered during the early stages of recovery.
- Will provide individualized person centered services/support to assigned clients.
- Provides vision driven hope and encouragement regarding opportunities for varying levels of involvement in community based activities (i.e. work, school, relationships, and physician activities).
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related human services field from an accredited college or university or the ability to obtain a recovery specialist certification.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper recommendation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs and available social services.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
- Ability to detect and identify violations pertaining to program regulations.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness.
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the stress of the position.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-116.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER