20-082 Outreach Coordinator
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc. | Charleroi, PA | Part Time
SOUTHWEST BEHAVIORAL CARE, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Outreach Coordinator (Part-Time- with ACA Benefits)
Charleroi School District Family Advocacy
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $16.55/hr. (plus opportunities for advancement within the organization)
- Serves as a link between the home, community and Charleroi Area School District to remove barriers that interfere with the student’s academic growth.
- Completes an assessment on all student referrals to identify the barriers that impact the student’s educational, social, and emotional growth.
- Observes students in the classroom, home, and community settings to detect whether or not the student is exhibiting social, economic or emotional difficulties.
- Identify problems/concerns that affect the student’s academic performance
- Recommends clinical and/or other human services to meet the student and family’s needs, initiates referrals, and takes the necessary steps to assure that appointments are kept.
- Participates in all appropriate educational support team meetings and maintains beneficial dialogue with all members of educational support team, as necessary, regarding students.
- Maintains current student case record activity and progress; prepares and submits all required program reports and documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes all necessary reports to include any statistical data and outcome measures identified by the Charleroi Area Educational Support Team.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related mental health field required, with some previous.
- At least one year of experience in counseling and/or case management required.
- Available to work August 2020 through June 2021-Middle School/High School setting.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to obtain the designated managed care credential of Mental Health Professional;
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during a personal interview to make proper recommendations;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers, community and other social service agencies;
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to inspect and identify violations pertaining to program regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to handle students who present with a wide range of symptoms.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-082.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER