20-077 Senior Times Publication Manager
SWPA Area Agency on Aging, Inc. | Charleroi, PA | Part Time
SOUTHWESTERN PA AREA AGENCY ON AGING, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Senior Times Publication Manager (Part-Time)
PAY GRADE: 15
- Responsible for the Agency’s monthly Senior Times publication, including writing, editing, developing and laying material into the publication, and developing limited print advertisements.
- Coordinate print and publication process, including reviewing and negotiating contracts with the printer for final approval.
- Communicate distribution information for publication circulation.
- Prepare, record, revise and submit any necessary documentation in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
- Adhere to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in journalism or related field preferred. Minimum of two years' related experience; or a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism with an appropriate combination of experience and training may be considered at the discretion of the agency.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and InDesign software.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in article writing, reporting, and ad design.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers and other social service agencies.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness and to provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Department of Aging Programs.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-077.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER