20-076 Caseworker 1, Supportive Housing
The CARE Center, Inc. | Donora, PA | Part Time
The CARE Center, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Caseworker 1 (Part-Time)
Position shall include supportive housing in Washington County
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $16.55 (with opportunities for advancement within the agency)
- Implements and monitors consumer rehabilitation plans and assists in the daily operation of program activities.
- Conducts Psychosocial Assessments and Re-assessments of consumers to develop and update individualized Treatment Plans.
- Provides supportive counseling and intensive life skills training to individuals and client groups.
- Serves as advocate to identify and access entitlement resources, available social services and affordable housing.
- Maintains current client case record activity and progress, prepares and submits all required program forms, reports and documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Serves as a member of the Mental Health treatment team and maintains appropriate communication with external programs and community resources.
- Provides "on-call" availability for technical assistance to residential staff on assigned rotation.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related human services field from an accredited college or university.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services, and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs and available social services.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of agency vehicles.
- Ability to assist physically limited clients weighing up to 160 pounds.
- Ability to inspect and recognize violations pertaining to program regulations.
- Ability to understand and follow supervisory directions.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-076.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER