The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Full Time
The CARE Center, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Counselor/Advocate/Educator (Full-Time)
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,273 (as a minimum)
- Provides clinical intervention and intake services to survivors of sexual violence and their families as well as supporting and providing guidance regarding the legal and medical system and other sexual violence related issues. Provides sexual violence prevention and outreach/ awareness programming as needed.
This position has special emphasis on working with underserved populations, particularly the LGBTQ+ and IDD communities.
- Performs comprehensive initial assessments and appropriate reassessments to determine level of care and service needs.
- Provides direct client services that include individual, family, and group counseling, legal and medical advocacy as needed.
- Conducts intakes, participates in program planning, service plan development, and coordinating specific program needs as assigned.
- Collaborates with established community programs and agencies as a client advocate within the social services network.
- Assists with provision of prevention programming throughout the service community to help survivors gain knowledge of and access to services.
- Prepares and submits all required program documentation and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Answer hotline calls and respond to medical advocacy calls and provide support and information and referral to survivors and significant others.
- Provides program and referral information about the Crime Victim’s Compensation Program to each service recipient.
- Adhere to all policies, laws, regulations, and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work Education or related Human Services field required. Work experience related directly to the education and community development is desirable.
- Requires frequent travel throughout Washington and Greene Counties.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to display an understanding and compassionate attitude communication with consumers.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-054.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER