20-041 Care Manager/Ombudsman
SWPA Area Agency on Aging, Inc. | Uniontown, PA | Full Time
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION: Care Manager 1
OPTIONS Care Management/Ombudsman
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,273 (as a minimum)
- Provides care management services to consumers requiring home and community-based services, enabling them to remain in their home.
- Provides Ombudsman services to consumers living in nursing facilities, personal care homes, Dom Care homes or in their own home.
- Develops and maintains an In-Home Care Plan required for consumer, and oversees cost of care provided to consumer.
- Conducts comprehensive psychosocial reassessments as necessary to determine the continued medical and social support required for in-home care.
- Coordinates needed home health care, personal care, and home support services with health care and other providers.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the In-Home Care Plan implementation through follow-up visits at prescribed intervals.
- Provides technical assistance and counseling to consumers and families ensuring service delivery and social and emotional support.
- Prepares and submits all required case forms, reports, billings, documentation and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in case conferences will all levels of program staff.
- Provides all pertinent Ombudsman activities as required by the PA Ombudsman program and reports all Ombudsman activities to the AAA Ombudsman.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from
- The PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must have basic computer literacy and keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs and health/social services available to the consumers.
- Demonstrated ability to make incisive observations, obtain vital information and make appropriate recommendations during consumer/family interviews and/or while reviewing case records.
- Ability to transport oneself, as necessary, in the performance of essential functions.
- Ability to interpret detailed medical records and documentation obtained from health care providers.
- Demonstrated ability to handle consumers with chronic mental health conditions.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-041.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMLOYER