20-035 Caseworker 1
The CARE Center, Inc. | Butler, PA | Full Time
THE CARE CENTER, INC
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Caseworker 1
Blended Case Management
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $32,273 (as a minimum)
- Provides case management services to assigned behavioral health consumers which may include cooperation with formal and informal supports.
- Assists consumer with the implementation of Consumer’s Strengths Assessment Scale and Service Plan, and continually updates the CSAS.
- Maintains accurate and detailed clinical records of assigned caseload, observes progress and links consumers to services.
- Advises supervisory/clinical staff of significant changes in consumer's behavior, issues and/or incidents, and responds appropriately to emergency situations, when necessary.
- Provides service advocacy to consumers and their family and makes referrals to all appropriate social and medical service programs.
- Assists all consumers in coordinating appointments to health and social services appointments, and links the consumer with basic needs for food, shelter, etc.
- Serves as a member of the BCM on call system.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or MH related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health programs and available social services.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of agency vehicles, as well as transport oneself and consumers, when necessary, in an insured personal vehicle.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
- Ability to meet the 75% direct service productivity mandated by the Department of Human Services.
- Ability to lift and carry consumer’s personal effects weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-035.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER