20-033 Counselor 1 or 2
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc. | Monessen, PA | Part Time and Contract
SOUTHWEST BEHAVIORAL CARE, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Counselor 2 (Part-Time Contract)
Monessen Drug & Alcohol Program
PAY GRADE: 14
WAGE: $27/hr. direct service (as a minimum)
- Provides intake assessments as well as outpatient psychotherapy including, but not limited to individual, family, and group sessions.
- Conducts assessment and diagnostic services to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and related treatment recommendations.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment plans using individual, marital, group and family methodologies.
- Participates in treatment team meetings with all levels of psychiatric and clinical staff, both individually and in group supervision.
- Initiates appropriate Intra and Inter Agency contact to facilitate the care of the individuals that are served.
- Prepares, maintains and submits all assigned case records, charts, reports, forms and other required documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related social services field with a clinical practicum from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to obtain the Certified Addiction Counselor credential after three years of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper recommendations.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency situations.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-032.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER