20-008 Residential Program Worker
Diversified Human Services - Developmental Services | Charleroi, PA | Part Time
DIVERSIFIED HUMAN SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: Residential Program Worker (multiple part-time positions available)
PAY GRADE: 4
WAGE: $10.51/hr. (As a minimum)
If you would like to help change someone’s life, come and join the SPHS family!
DHS, a part of the SPHS network, is a company fully dedicated to providing services to some of the most fragile and vulnerable members of our society. Our team is made up of compassionate, dedicated professionals whose main goal is helping every person reach their full potential. Join us and share your passion for helping others.
Join our team of caring professionals. You will be part of a team responsible for providing and maintaining a safe and secure residential environment and community experience for your residents with intellectual disabilities. Assist in scheduling necessary appointments, as well as providing transportation to these various appointments, facilitating recreational and social activities, and assisting residents with their daily living activities.
- Provide positive support and assistance to clients to implement Individual Support Plans.
- Conducts recreational and social activities with individuals, as assigned.
- Participates in regular staff trainings to develop basic knowledge and skills necessary to assist individuals.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of residential site, and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Provide hands-on care, as needed, in areas of toileting, bathing and dressing.
- Adhere to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, as well as agency policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma, GED or any equivalent combination of skills, experience and education may be considered at the discretion of the Agency.
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- Compliance with pre-employment and routine drug testing is required.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle in the performance of essential functions.
- Ability to assist physically limited consumers as program needs dictate.
- Ability to work split shifts and flexibility to move to various locations, when program needs dictate.
- Looking for individuals who have the ability to work daylight, afternoon and midnight shifts, as well as working on weekends and holidays.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE http://www.sphs.org/employment.html FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#20-008.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER