1928 - RPW
The CARE Center, Inc. | Butler, PA | Part Time
The CARE Center, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier
nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
SPHS continues to be a leader in the human services field for over 50 years and counting, providing a
wide variety of services throughout Butler, Fayette, Greene, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
POSITION: Residential Program Worker (Multiple Part-Time)
PAY GRADE: 4
WAGE: $10.51/hr. (as a minimum)
• Maintains the general safety, security of consumers in crisis and aids consumers with the
implementation of their individualized service plans.
• Provides hands-on instruction to clients to implement crisis plans and assist with crisis
• Conducts recreational and social activities with consumers, as assigned.
• Assists in meal preparation for the Specialized Residential Unit consumers.
• Participates in regular staff training to develop basic knowledge and skills to assist clients in crisis
• Maintains proper condition, cleanliness and safety of the Specialized Residential Unit II, and
responds appropriately to emergency situations.
• Serves as a member of the crisis intervention team.
• Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as
outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
• Ability read, write and verbally communicate with effectiveness.
• Twelve (12) college credits or six (6) months mental health experience.
• Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License and safe driving record.
• Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse
Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
• Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care
• Ability to safely operate a Passenger Van.
• Ability to assist and/or lift clients weighing up to 150 pounds, as may be required.
• Ability to understand and follow supervisory direction.
• Ability to work split shifts and flexibility to move to various center locations, when program needs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER