19130 - Registered Nurse
The CARE Center, Inc. | Washington, PA | Part Time
THE CARE CENTER, INC.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier
nonprofit human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Registered Nurse (Part-Time)
Mental Health Outpatient and Drug & Alcohol
PAY GRADE: 14
WAGE: $20.97/hr. (as a minimum)
• Provides professional nursing and/or psychotherapy treatment team services.
• Provides physician-directed Medication Checks to clients and educates consumers and families
regarding psychiatric medication treatment services.
• Maintains close contact with program supervisor and medical doctor, reporting any reactions to
medications, any changes in physical/emotional condition and reporting observations.
• Maintains appropriate documentation of clinical and statistical records; completes re-
certifications and medical information forms, and maintains records of medications.
• Assumes a lead role in responding to emergency situations, when necessary.
• Serves as a member of the Emergency Services Team.
• Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by
federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures
• Bachelor in Science in Nursing or successful completion of a Registered Nurse program from an
accredited School of Nursing with two years’ experience in a psychiatric health care setting.
• Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care
• Must successfully obtain Criminal History from the PA State Police, Child Abuse from the PA
Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
• Current and valid R.N. licensure to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• ANA certification in Psychiatric or Community Health nursing or eligibility for same.
• Ability to transport oneself and/or clients in an insured vehicle, as program or client needs dictate.
• Ability to observe client's behavior and keep accurate and detailed charts and records.
• Demonstrated ability to handle clients with acute or chronic mental health condition.
• Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures, including emergency
• Ability to communicate with effectiveness, and provide constructive feedback and direction to
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER