19121 - Counselor 2
The CARE Center, Inc. | Waynesburg, PA | Full Time
The CARE Center, Inc.
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Become a leader…Become an innovator…Make a difference in your community and join the premier nonprofit
human services company in the region. Come join our team and build a career with SPHS!
POSITION: Counselor 2 (Full-Time)
Community Treatment Team Program (CTT)
PAY GRADE: 14
WAGE: $38,961(Master’s) (as a minimum)
• Provides outpatient psychotherapy and follow-up services to the adult client population.
• Develops and implements individualized treatment/service plans for CTT consumers using various
therapeutic methodologies, maintaining a direct service level of 75% minimum time.
• Participates in Case Conferences with all levels of psychiatric and clinical staff, individually and in
group supervision staffing.
• Serves as a member of Community Treatment Team as well as the after-hours on call rotation.
• Initiates appropriate Intra & Interagency contact to facilitate consumer care.
• Prepares, maintains and submits all assigned case records, charts, reports, forms and other required
documentation in a professional and timely manner.
• Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by
federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
• Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related social services field with
progressive experience in human services, is desirable.
• Ability to carry out rehabilitation and support functions.
• Experience working with adults with serious mental illness.
• Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during a personal interview to make proper
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff,
providers, and other social service agencies.
• Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance
from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
• Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care
• Ability to inspect and identify violations pertaining to program regulations.
• Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
• Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
• Demonstrated ability to handle clients with a wide range of psychiatric conditions.
• Ability to receive performance feedback and instructions calmly, without reacting negatively or
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER