Victim Advocate/Outreach Coordinator - DV Outreach #33
Domestic Violence Outreach & LGBTQ Advocacy Program | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Lead Victim Advocate/Outreach Coordinator:
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Program Manager for the Domestic Violence Outreach & LGBTQ Advocacy Program of Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, the Victim Advocate/Outreach Coordinator facilitates education and preventative activities designed to increase community awareness, capacity and support.
- Outreach Coordination
- Participate and represent the program in community task force meetings, collaboratively coordinate survivor linkages to community resources to access specialized and social services;
- Create outreach materials and newsletter ;
- Educate agencies, victims, and community about SCADP’s Domestic Violence Outreach and LGBTQ Advocacy Program
- Conduct victim advocacy and outreach for LGBTQ survivors
- Assist victims of domestic violence find linkages to assist in their success including, but not limited to, housing, legal resources, health assistance, etc.
- Conduct support groups for victim of violence
- Answer Outreach Program line
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled by Program Manager
- Other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in counseling, social work, or related field preferred;
- Culturally competent/sensitive, with bi-lingual skills preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- CA State Evidence Code DV Certificate (40-hr training);
- Minimum one year experience providing domestic violence supportive services.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Lines of Authority:
This position reports to the Program Manager, who will supervise the duties and job performance.
*Online Resume Submissions Accepted Only; No-Drop-Offs Please*
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SCADP will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.