Registered/Certified Drug & Alcohol Program Monitor
Residential Alcohol & Drug Treatment | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Program Manager for the residential programs of Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, the Program Monitor will serve as support staff to the Program Manager and Clinical Directors as needed; assisting with maintenance and implementation of all routine processes, special projects and overall immediate needs.
- Assist Clinicians and Counselors/Case Managers in client supervision and service delivery, if applicable.
- Assist in maintenance of program records and files.
- Work in cooperation with the agency’s Clinical Director and other key staff to collect, coordinate, maintain, and report program data as needed for program funding, if applicable.
- Conduct thorough room and ground checks.
- Assure that all emergency needs of residents are met and these incidents are reported as required by Clinicians and Program Managers and SCADP, Inc..
- Assure adherence to all safety rules and regulations as per SCADP, Inc. policies.
- Answer phones, complete telephone assessments and screen prospective clients for eligibility and provide information, referrals, and assistance to callers.
- Attend monthly staff development meetings and weekly staff meetings.
- Provide client transportation, if applicable.
- Maintain open, complete, and accurate verbal and written communications with all staff and residents.
- Must be self motivated and able to follow job duties alone during this shift.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager and the Clinicians.
- Must be registered/certified as Alcohol & Drug Counselor.
- Must have or in the process of obtaining 45 hours of approved education in SUD counseling by December 31 2018.
- Clerical skills including office organization, filing, computer literacy (Word Perfect/Microsoft Word, Excel) heavy phone experience, and/or experience in an office setting.
- A minimum of two years sobriety if recovering.
- Culturally competent/sensitive.
- Clean driving record required if driving is a requirement of your position.
- Minimum 2 years of sobriety if recovering
Lines of Authority:
This position reports to the Program Manager and the Program Clinician, who will supervise the duties and job performance.
*Online Resume Submissions Accepted Only; No-Drop-Offs Please*
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SCADP will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.