Program Aide - Heritage House North #35
Residential Alcohol & Drug Treatment | Anaheim, CA | Part Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with a substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Program Manager for Heritage House - Anaheim, of Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, the Program Aide will serve as overnight, weekend, and holiday support staff as needed; assisting with maintenance and implementation of all routine processes, special project and overall immediate needs.
- Assist Program Coordinator and Counselors/Case Managers in client supervision and service delivery, if applicable;
- Supervise residents in coordination of housekeeping tasks, including food shopping, cleaning/chore lists, and various other program maintenance/upkeep;
- Assist in maintenance of program records and files;
- Work in cooperation with the agency’s Clinical Director and other key staff to collect, coordinate, maintain, and report program data as needed for program funding, if applicable;
- Conduct thorough room and ground checks;
- Assure that all emergency needs of residents are met and these incidents are reported as required by Program Coordinator and SCADP, Inc.;
- Assure adherence to all safety rules and regulations as per SCADP policies;
- Answer phones and provide information, referrals, and assistance to callers;
- Attend monthly staff development meetings and weekly staff meetings;
- Provide client transportation, if applicable;
- Maintain open, complete, and accurate verbal and written communications with all staff and residents;
- Must be self motivated and able to follow job duties alone during this shift;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
- Clerical skills including office organization, filing, computer literacy (WordPerfect/Microfoft Word, Excel) heavy phone experience, and/or experience in an office setting;
- A minimum of two years sobriety if recovering;
- Culturally competent/sensitive, with bi-lingual skills helpful;
- Clean driving record required if driving is a requirement of your position;
- Must be A & D registered and/or certified with a qualified SUD Certifying body (CAADE, CCAPP, CADPE)
Lines of Authority:
This position reports to the Program Manager, who will supervise the duties and job performance.
*Online Resume Submissions Accepted Only; No-Drop-Offs Please*
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SCADP will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.