Part-Time Program Monitor DV
Residential Alcohol & Drug Treatment | Los Angeles, CA | Part Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with a substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Part-Time Program Monitor
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Program Manager for the Domestic Violence Shelter of Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, the Program Aide will serve as overnight, weekend, and holiday support staff as needed assisting with maintenance and implementation of all routine processes, special projects and overall immediate needs.
- Assist Program Manager and supportive personnel in client supervision and maintenance of shelter operations
- Assist all clients admitting and discharging from the program
- Provide crisis counseling and referrals for clients and hotline callers, including ability to assess and determine appropriate criteria for admission to the shelter
- Responsible to maintain statistical information (e.g. phone logs, group sign-in sheets, communication log, client file, and data as required by funder)
- Supervise residents in coordination of housekeeping tasks
- Assist in maintenance of program records and files
- Monitor adherence of shelter policies and procedures by clients, volunteers, and authorized visitors, including all safety matters pertaining to the adults and minor children residing at the shelter
- Responsible for overall shelter security and client safety during shifts including, knowledge of emergency procedure, evacuation plan and fire alarms
- Report any child abuse to the child abuse hotline
- Provide clerical support, including clerical/data entry for the case management team
- Assure that all emergency needs of residents are met and these incidents are reported as required by Program Manager and SCADP, Inc.
- Assure adherence to all safety rules and regulations as per SCADP policies
- Attend staff development meetings as directed by Program Manager
- Provide client transportation, if applicable
- Maintain open, complete, and accurate verbal and written communications with all staff and residents
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Program Manager
- Culturally competent/sensitive, with bi-lingual skills helpful;
- Clerical skills including knowledge of computer programs and PC proficient;
- Clean driving record required if driving is a requirement of your position;
- A minimum of two years experience working with victims of domestic violence;
- A minimum of two years sobriety if recovering;
- 40 Hour Training for Domestic Violence Certificate.
Saturday-Sunday 12:00 am to 8:00 am / Thursday 4:00 pm to 12:00 am
Lines of Authority:
This position reports to the Program Manager, who will supervise the duties and job performance.
*Online Resume Submissions Accepted Only; No-Drop-Offs Please*
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SCADP will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.