Office Assistant (Positive Steps)
Drug Medi-Cal Programs | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Program
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community members seeking alternatives to prison for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing residential treatment services and outpatient counseling services to individuals throughout Los Angeles. Offering services with a continuum of care to underserved and disadvantaged populations.
Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs provide Residential and Outpatient Treatment for adults age 18 and over with a substance-use disorder. Our services engage in an evidence-based trauma-informed care model of utilizing cognitive behavior therapy and motivational interviewing. Program emphasis includes instruction on developing coping and life skills allowing each individual to maintain a healthy, productive lifestyle and overcome the stress and barriers to successful daily living. We provide wrap-around services including assessments, individualized treatment planning, group and individual therapy, group and individual counseling, case management and linkage to community resources. All potential beneficiaries must have or qualify for Medi-Cal or My Health LA health coverage and reside in Los Angeles County. Our program services are provided in a multicultural setting with individuals of diverse ethnicities and lifestyles.
Positive Steps is a 47-bed facility serving the male population for substance abuse treatment in a residential setting for 30 to 120 days.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Office Assistant provides general office support, and acts as the office receptionist and telephone screener when required. Establishes and maintains cooperative and harmonious working relationships with program staff, workers, families of clients, business agencies, office vendors, and general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office Assistant will assist in the day-to-day operations of the Program by performing the following duties:
- Perform general office duties such as identifying and organizing documents for electronic archiving, photocopying, validating referrals, and email communications.
- Answer phones and take messages.
- Destruction of documents by shredding.
- Compute, record, and/or proofread data and other information, such as records or reports as directed.
- Compile worker and client information and prepare forms and maintain records as needed.
- Data entry and organize materials.
- Other duties as assigned and is subject to change at any time
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School or GED and some general office/admin coursework
- 6 months of office and clerical experience
- Working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Understands and follows oral and written directions as directed
- Proficient Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Words and Excel
- Familiarity with Database entry and report generation
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Prompt, team player, sets priorities, handle multiple tasks, good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of the target population and understanding of substance abuse treatment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.