Office Assistant - Positive Steps
Drug Medi-Cal Programs | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
The Office Assistant provides departmental support for residential/outpatient services including administrative and programmatic coordination; and serves as liaison with billing preparation to ensure accuracy and streamlined processes.
- Perform general office duties such as identifying and organizing documents for electronic archiving, photocopying, validating scan results, and identification of documents that are to be re-scanned.
- Answers phone and provides program information, referrals, and assistance to callers
- Destruction of documents by shredding
- Attend monthly staff development in-service trainings and weekly staff meetings
- Perform detail data audits. Compute, record, and/or proofread data and other information, such as records or reports
- Assist office staff in coordination and completion of group verification process for billing
- Maintain petty cash and bookkeeping procedures: submit receipts and reconciliation paperwork to Program Manager for approval, upon approval deliver information to corporate office and maintain back- up copies; take hard copy of receipts with reimbursement form to corporate office and pick up petty cash check
- Order office supplies and prepare purchase orders as needed
- Complete maintenance request orders for facility needs
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of general office or clerical experience
- Knowledge of the target population and understanding of substance abuse treatment
- Must be computer literate and be comfortable working with Word, Excel and emails
- Proficient in understanding and communication of the spoken and written English
- Strong written and verbal communication, set priorities, handle multiple tasks, good problem solving and decision making skills
- Detail oriented, accurate, analytical, organized and meets established deadlines
- A minimum of two years sobriety if recovering
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.