Maintenance Technician - Skilled
Administrative | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager of Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, the Maintenance Technician assist the maintenance team in meeting all work order requests; all around property, and grounds work and repairs.
- Perform tasks as directed by the maintenance supervisor and/or maintenance operations administrator
- Skill sets to include: mid-level plumbing maintenance/repair, basic electrical, mid-level interior construction (walls, floors, windows, cabinets, doors, etc.)
- Work independently, to assess the level of maintenance and repair required and perform maintenance/repair
- Diagnose maintenance situations to determine whether in-house maintenance/repair or outside vendor should be used
- Work in partnership with members of the maintenance team when required
- Purchase supplies necessary to complete a work order/work projects assigned
- Practice equipment safety: operations, storage, transport, etc.
- Interact with site managers and staff in order to efficiently and safely complete work orders
- Communicate clearly with maintenance supervisor, maintenance team members, site managers and staff members for all maintenance and related activities and needs
- Follow and practice safety guidelines when performing maintenance activities to protect him/herself, staff, patients and other persons who may be in the vicinity of work performed
- Adhere to the privacy guidelines of staff, patients and other persons related to the services performed at sites
- Recording keeping of mileage, receipts, work orders and work locations and required maintenance documentation
- Minimum of (3) years experience as a maintenance technician
- Possess a valid California driver's license and a clean driving record
- Minimum (2) years sobriety if recovering
- Culturally sensitive and competent, with bi-lingual skills a plus
Lines of Authority:
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager who will work with the Maintenance Operatons Administrator to supervise the duties and job performance of the Maintenance Technician
*Online Resume Submissions Accepted Only; No-Drop-Offs Please*
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SCADP will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.