Licensed Therapist - San Gabriel Valley
Residential Alcohol & Drug Treatment | Downey, CA | Part Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Under the clinical supervision of the Clinical Director and the operations supervision of the Program Manager, the therapist will assess patients, evaluate medical necessity for treatment services and provide therapeutic counseling. The therapist shall work in collaboration with key program staff to assist in meeting the overall needs of patients.
- Perform screening, intake, orientation, and assessment functions necessary to complete admission and screen for continuing stay criteria based on ASAM Criteria.
- Assess medical necessity for treatment and complete diagnosis based on DSMIV or DSM 5 evaluation.
- Perform regular patient screening and assessment to measure change and guide continuing care or aftercare plans.
- Deliver treatment using trauma informed approach and evidences based practice protocols.
- Work with the AOD Counselor and Case Manager to design and implement an individualized treatment plan for each patient.
- Provide individual, group and family counseling; participate in case conferences and utilization review meetings.
- Maintain complete, timely, confidential and accurate treatment records.
- Provide field based services as indicated.
- Ensure adherence to DMC-ODS Waiver, Title XSXII, and CARF standards and actively support quality assurance and utilization management protocols.
- Act as a patient advocate to agencies and persons when appropriate.
- Respond to patient crises and emergencies as needed.
- Participate in routine clinical supervision with Clinical Director..
- Current California therapeutic license (LCSW, LMFT or other therapeutic license OR registered candidate for licensure under supervision
- Masters Degree
- Knowledge and experience in substance use disorder and mental health treatment and recovery.
- Experience with or knowledge of Drug Medical (DMC) preferred
- Experience working with substance abuse population preferred
- Ability to comply with internal, local, state. and federal regulations and policies.
- Bi-lingual skills (Spanish) preferred
- Minimum 2 years sobriety if recovering