Human Resource Assistant
Administrative | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Administrative Office Assistant:
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager of Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, the Administrative Assistant for the agency’s Human Resource Department will serve as primary support staff to the Human resource Manager; Assisting with maintenance and implementation of all routine processes, special project and overall immediate needs.
The Human Resources Assistant will assist in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department by performing the following duties:
- Provides clerical support to HR Department
- Assist with the maintenance of the human resources filing systems and other recordkeeping
- Assist the HR team in answering employee phone calls
- Completes employment and degree verifications
- Scan documents for electronic storage and retrieval
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma Required
- Some college coursework in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills; bilingual (Spanish) helpful
Minimum 2 years sobriety if recovering
Lines of Authority: This position reports to the Human Resources Manager, who will supervise the duties and job performance.
*Online Resume Submissions Accepted Only; No-Drop-Offs Please*