Group Facilitator Court Ordered Services DUI PART TIME
Court Ordered Services | Downey, CA | Part Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Program
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community members seeking alternatives to prison for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing residential treatment services and outpatient counseling services to individuals throughout Los Angeles. Offering services with a continuum of care to underserved and disadvantaged populations.
The DUI program meets all established County and State program guidelines and requirements for court-ordered counselling/education, including Wet Reckless, 1st Offender, and Multiple Offender programs.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Group Facilitator monitors and leads participants in Court Ordered alcohol & drug education and life skills education groups (as appropriate). Expected to guide and motivate group participants through various group discussion of topics related to alcohol and drug education, and foster the growth and development of all group participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate group education sessions on AOD awareness, relapse prevention, anger/stress management, life skills, risk behaviors and other topics related to recovery from substance abuse
- Document and chart group education sessions clearly and concisely
- Interact with staff and participants, providing guidance and assistance as per program rules and procedures
- Maintain currency in best practices and knowledge of addiction treatment strategies
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time
- This is a Part-Time position.
- Registered as a Drug & Alcohol Counselor with a State of California Accredited agency and 2 years’ experience in related treatment services, or be a Certified Drug & Alcohol Counselor by a State of California accredited agency
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.