Domestic Violence Office Assistant Angel Step Inn
Domestic Violence Outreach & LGBTQ Advocacy Program | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment.
ANGEL STEP INN
Emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence and their children. The program is a 45-day transitional shelter that provides a place of escape and safety for victims fleeing domestic violence who are also dealing with substance use disorders. Stabilize and protect clients and their children. Educate clients and their children about domestic violence. Provide viable resources and referrals for additional services and safe housing. 45 days emergency domestic violence shelter. Although no substance use treatment is offered on this site, referrals for outpatient or residential treatment are available. Transitional housing referrals are made when client exits the facility.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Office Assistant provides general basic office support, and acts as the office receptionist and telephone screener when required. Establishes and maintains cooperative and harmonious working relationships with program staff, workers, families of clients, business agencies, office vendors, and general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform general office duties such as identifying and organizing documents for electronic archiving, photocopying, validating referrals, and email communications.
- Answer phones and take messages.
- Destruction of documents by shredding.
- Compute, record, and/or proofread data and other information, as directed.
- Compile worker and client information and prepare forms and maintain records as needed.
- Limited data entry from compiled information/records.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School or GED and some general office/admin coursework
- 6 months of office and clerical experience
- Working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understands and follows oral and written directions as directed.
- Proficient Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel; familiarity with Database entry and report generation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Prompt, team player, sets priorities, handle multiple tasks, good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal).
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.