DMC Billing Clerk -Positive Steps
Alcohol & Drug Treatment Programs | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Scope of Duties: Under the supervision of the Program Manager the DMC Billing Clerk, maintaining patient confidentiality and information security, will review, track and submit for review, patient service records. This position will work closely with the Operations Coordinator to ensure billing accuracy. The billing clerk is responsible for multiple processes in the preparation and submission of DMC treatment services billing. The billing clerk is responsible for compliance measures and is the liaison between program and
The DMC Billing Clerk, maintaining patient confidentiality and information security, will review, track and submit for review, patient service records. This position will work closely with the Operations Coordinator to ensure billing accuracy.
- Review all intake billing related documentation in SAGE; CalOms, Financial Eligibility, Treatment Authorization, ICD 10 codes, Client Consent, and Clinical contact information
- Verify timely completion and data entry of treatment notes to ensure accurate billing claims
- Verify essential treatment note information (i.e. units of services, time start and end time)
- Daily, weekly, and monthly review and data entry of billable services
- Develops, records, and distributes monthly reports, and/or general information as needed
- Generates treatment services in SAGE and submit to Operations Coordinator
- Monitor and review denied claims and resubmit treatment services
- Maintain and store all billing supportive documentation as required by State guidelines
- Assists in maintaining confidential files in both physical and electronic forms
- Assists management in reconciling data
- Provides general office support including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling ASAM assessments, faxing, scanning and taking staff meeting minutes
- Other duties as required and subject to change at any time
- High School diploma with strong math skills
- At least 1 year experience with Medi-Cal billing and/or data entry experience
- Understand billing and coding language/preferably familiar with SAGE
- Must be computer literate and be comfortable working with Word, Excel and emails
- Proficient in understanding and communication of the spoken and written English
- Strong written and verbal communication, set priorities, handle multiple tasks, good problem solving and decision-making skill
- Detail oriented, accurate, analytical, organized and meets established deadlines
- Good typing skills including 10 keys
Preferred Skills/Experience for this Position:
- Preferred: Associate Degree or medical coding certificate
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.