Cook, Residential Treatment Program-Bellflower
Alcohol & Drug Treatment Programs | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Cook, Residential Treatment Program:
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Under the direction of the Residential Program Manager of Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, the cook for the Program will serve as primary preparer of meals and snacks, to include, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack times.
- Plan, post and provide menus for healthy, low cost, nutritious meals for individuals recovering from alcohol and other drug dependencies who may have nutritional deficiencies;
- Ensure foods are prepared in such a way as to minimize waste and maximize appeal;
- Order food and food service equipment , maintain needed supplies at proper levels at all times;
- Abide by the health department standards for food freshness, proper handling, serving and storage temperature requirements;
- Date, label, and rotate food according to health standards. Sanitize the food preparation area and all kitchen equipment according to health standards.
- Deliver prepared food to the appropriate serving areas; immediately retrieve remaining food after each meal services has ended; conduct kitchen and meal service area clean-up;
- Assist agency staff during health department and funder inspections of food services;
- Assist agency executive staff in delivery of meals/food for special corporate functions;
- Train and supervise food service assistants in proper procedures for food handling, storage, serving, clean-up, and monitor their activities
- Safe Serve Certification
- High School diploma or GED preferred;
- Minimum one (1) year experience in food service as a cook, institutional experience preferred;
- Strong knowledge of nutrition and meal preparation for individuals with nutritional deficiencies;
- Strong knowledge of health department standards for food preparation, handling, serving, storage;
- Two (2) years of continuous sobriety if recovering;
- Culturally sensitive/competent with bi-lingual skills preferred.
Lines of Authority: This position reports to the Residential Program Manager, who will supervise the duties and job performance.